USING CONTACT LENSES
How to Put Your Lenses on
- Remove the lens from the package.
- Make sure that the lens isn't inside out; if it is, turn it the right way round. (The edges should be upward)
- Using the middle finger of the left hand, raise your upper eyelid towards your eyebrow.
- Put the lens on the index finger of the right hand and, using the middle finger of your right hand, pull your lower eyelid down. Then, with your index finger, place the lens gently in the center of your eye.
- Keep this posture and look down to make sure that the lens is properly in place. Release your eyelids slowly.
- Repeat the same steps for the left lens.
How to Take Your Lenses off
- Wash and dry your hands thoroughly.
- Look upwards. Use your left hand to raise your upper eyelid, hold your lower eyelid in a fixed position with the middle finger of your right hand and put your index finger on the lower edge of the lens.
- Using your index finger, move the lens downwards from the colored part of your eye and gently squeeze it between your thumb and index finger to take it out of your eye.
- Avoid using your nails.
Lens Care and Cleaning
- First stages of lens use
- Keep your lens care materials within easy reach.
- Work on a clean, flat surface.
- Wash your hands with a lanolin-free soap and rinse well before handling the lenses.
- Always start cleaning with the same lens to avoid mixing them up (left/right).
- Put the lens into your palm.
- Apply a few drops of solution onto the lens.
- Rub both sides of the lens lightly by moving your index finger back and forth (without using your nails).
- By cleaning your lenses every time you take them off, you lift the deposit layer forming on them.
- After cleaning the lens, apply solution until it is rinsed.
- By rinsing the lenses every time you clean them, you make sure that the deposit and dust layer scraped off the lenses during cleaning is washed away.
- Put the lenses into the lens holder.
- Make sure that the lenses are well submerged in the solution.
- Close the case cover tightly.
- Keep the lenses in the case for at least four hours or overnight.
- By disinfecting your lenses every time you take them off, you make sure that microorganisms causing irritation or infection are destroyed.