FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What are the most common visual problems in children?
Lazy eye, strabismus, myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism are the most common eye diseases seen in children.
- What is latent strabismus?
Latent strabismus is strabismus that manifests itself when one of the eyes is covered.
- Does strabismus lead to lazy eye?
Unilateral constant deviations result in lazy eye.
- Is there an age limit for the treatment of strabismus?
No. Strabismus can be treated at any time.
- When should babies have their eye examination?
For premature babies, an eye examination should be performed 4-6 weeks after birth. Other babies should have their eye examination at 1 year of age.